In The Middle Of Zombies
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
A road trip among the walking dead in a 3D post-apocalyptic stylized world.
This game is about having fun by shooting, exploding and trapping zombies with every stuff you can find (weapons, vehicles and more).
If you buy the game now, it's essentialy for supporting the development with only one DISCOUNTED payment and having access for all updates forever including the final release.
That said, even if the game is not yet polished, all released features are very stable so you can already have fun playing the game.
Who am I and why supporting the development?
Working with 3D technologies and computer programming for about 10 years, I'm a French solo game developer working for a long time on my third game project. I need your support to stay focus on this development as a full-time job. In addition, I'll be able to hire some wonderful artists to rise the game to the next level.
Why not using crowfounding plateforms?
I want to give you some fun NOW, not in one year ! And I have designed the game to always be playable as the project moves forward and your feedback could be a very precious component to create a fantastic game together!
Version 0.1 - CURRENT VERSION
One first playable map with features listed below :
- Player controls and first skills
- Camera controls (360° rotation around the player and top-down to third person view)
- Zombies generation & behaviors (AI)
- Random resources
- Building exploration and first interactions
- User Interface and Inventory system
- First game mechanics
- Basic Sound FX & Music
- Only one Map
- Environment design and lighting system (including Day&Night cycle)
- English version only
More details in the roadmap section
- Explore and interact with buildings to find ressources, weapons and a refuge
- Repair & Drive vehicles (cars, vans…)
- Advanced behaviors for zombies (field of view, react to sounds, physic interactions…)
- Skill system : Your experience influence the gameplay
- Quest system : Meet other survivors (NPC) who seek help in exchange for resources
- Multiple maps with multiple biomes in 3D stylized environments
- Day & Night Cycle
- More than 10 different weapons and unlikely traps :-)
- Helicopter piloting with dedicated weapons
- Wild and dangerous animals (eating zombies but survivors too !)
Note : In the final release, your road trip will be made of different maps in a random order, with random resources and procedurally generated zombies so each game is different !
May evolve during the development - one version every 4-6 weeks
Version 0.2 - Planned for February 2019
- Repair and drive vehicles (cars and vans first) : Vehicles controls - Vehicle damage / Vehicle repair - Gasoline management - Sound FX - Interaction with Zombies (make them flying away !)
- Localization System
- More weapons and traps
- NPC, Quests, Bartering
- Player : XP and Level system
- Save & Load system
- Game options (Controls, Graphic settings…)
- Building improvements : Random interior spawning of zombies
- Add barricades on broken doors or Windows
- Player Gender select (Male or Female)
- New Maps and Biomes
- New quests from NPC
- Wild animals
- More variants of zombies
- Zombies behaviors enhanced : Polishing scripts
- Add react to light?
Helicopter : Controls, Damage, Repair, New physics and interactions / Dedicated weapons
Weather effects : Rain&Storm (Player can get sick) / More maps
War mode : Infinite ammo & explosives, player invincibility and zombie hordes / Dynamic music system
New weapon : Sword/saber and sliced head effect / Add Beer ressource and Self-Control Skill / Global Polishing, Debugging and Optimization.
In The Middle Of Zombies is a full 3D game with graphic option settings so it can run even with low graphic cards but your experience would be better with a recent system.
Minimum system requiremnts
OS: Windows 7 64 bit / MacOS 10.11+ / Ubuntu 12.04+ (requires 64 bit OS)
Processor: Dual Core Processor, 2.5 GHz or higher - SSE2 support
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: DX10 compatible video card (Shader 4.0)
DirectX: Version 10
Controls (displayed in the game tutorial)
Move: WASD or Arrow keys
Shoot a zombie : left mouse click on it (him?)
Rotate camera : Right mouse click and left/right drag
Camera height : Mouse wheel
Jump : Shift key
Player info/inventory panel : TAB key (or click on the player portrait)
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Made with||Unity, Blender|
|Tags||3D, Action RPG, Low-poly, Physics, Post-apocalyptic, Singleplayer, Third Person, Top-Down, Zombies|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Version 0.1 available now31 days ago